AP European History
Use the menu above to get started on your AP European History review. Our website provides links to the best practice exams, DBQs, essays, short answer questions, notes, videos, and study guides. These free online resources provide all the information you will need to succeed in your AP Euro course.
AP European History Exam
The AP Euro course covers European History from 1450 to the present. The course is designed to help students develop historical thinking skills and reasoning processes. Students must do historical reasoning and make comparisons among historical developments in different times and places. The course is broken down into nine units each with a 10-15% exam weighting:
- Unit 1: Renaissance and Exploration
- Unit 2: Age of Reformation
- Unit 3: Absolutism and Constitutionalism
- Unit 4: Scientific, Philosophical, and Political Developments
- Unit 5: Conflict, Crisis, and Reaction in the Late 18th Century
- Unit 6: Industrialization and Its Effects
- Unit 7: 19th-Century Perspectives and Political Developments
- Unit 8: 20th-Century Global Conflicts
- Unit 9: Cold War and Contemporary Europe
The AP European History Exam format is:
Part A (55 minutes, 40% of exam score)
55 Multiple-choice questions
Part B (40 minutes, 20% of exam score)
3 Short-answer questions
Part A (60 minutes, 25% of exam score)
1 Document-based question
Part B (40 minutes, 15% of exam score)
1 Long Essay question
The first two short-answer questions are required, but for the third you get to choose from two options. The 60 minutes for the DBQ includes a 15 minute reading period. The long essay question has three options, which all relate to the same theme, and you must choose one to answer.
When is the AP European History Exam?
The AP Euro exam date for the 2022–2023 school year is Friday, May 5, 2023 at 8 a.m.